Welcome to Canine Good Citizen (CGC) at Ruff Day Resort.
Class is held at 1085 Gravel Road.
This fun-filled class will run from 6:45 pm to 7:25 pm weekly.
Sign up fast as class is limited!
The Canine Good Citizen Program (CGC) teaches good manners to dogs and responsible dog ownership to their owners. The 10-step CGC test is a non-competitive test for all dogs, including purebreds and mixed breeds. It is a prerequisite for many therapy dog groups, and some homeowner’s insurance companies encourage CGC testing. There are also an increasing number of apartments and condos that require resident dogs to pass the CGC test.
Before taking the Canine Good Citizen test, owners will sign the
Responsible Dog Owners Pledge.
We believe that responsible dog ownership is a key part of the CGC concept and by signing the pledge, owners agree to take care of their dog’s health needs, safety, exercise, training, and quality of life. Owners also agree to show responsibility by doing things such as cleaning up after their dogs in public places and never letting dogs infringe on the rights of others.
- Accepting a friendly stranger
- Sitting politely for petting appearance and grooming
- Out for a walk (walking on a loose lead)
- Walking through a crowd
- Sit and down on command and Staying in place
- Coming when called
- Reaction to another dog
- Reaction to distraction
- Supervised separation
- Grooming and handling*
- Medical equipment*
- Multiple people petting*
- Leave it*
- Group Sit, Group Down, Group Stay*
Class time is 6:45 pm to 7:25 pm
- Week 1 – OCTOBER 18
- Week 2 – OCTOBER 25
- Week 3 – NOVEMBER 1
- Week 4 – NOVEMBER 8 CGC TEST NIGHT
- Week 5 – NOVEMBER 15 THERAPY ONLY
- Week 6 – NOVEMBER 22 NO CLASS
- Week 7 – NOVEMBER 29TH ROCDOG TESTING – SEE TEST ITEMS AS FOLLOWS:
THESE ITEMS ARE TESTED AS A GROUP –
- GREETING ADULTS AND CHILDREN
- WALK ON A LOOSE LEAD
- SITTING AND STANDING FOR PETTING
- WALKING THROUGH A CROWD
- SIT, DOWN, STAY
- RECALL OR COME
- POLITE DOG AND PEOPLE INTERACTION
- REACTION TO DISTRACTION
- SEPARATION WITH ANOTHER PERSON
- VISITING WHEELCHAIR AND OR WALKER
- LEAVE IT
COST IS $289 FOR ALL WEEKS AND CGC TESTING
*These are additional items needed to Test for RocDog Therapy Dog Testing – A $20 fee to the trainer will apply on test night.